State COVID reports shifting to Wednesday only vs. weekdays. Media release: The Georgia Department of Public Health is transitioning from daily to weekly COVID-19 data reporting. Case counts and vaccination updates will be published on the DPH website every Wednesday beginning April 20. The last daily updates to the Daily Status Report and the vaccine dashboard was Friday, April 15 (updates included in this report).
- 5 new cases in Northwest Georgia.
- 615 new cases in Georgia since Friday.
- 26 new deaths in Georgia.
- Source: Georgia Department of Public Health.
- Free COVID-19 vaccinations are available daily for eligible individuals at health departments: Bartow (770) 382-1920 / Chattooga (706) 857-3471 / Floyd (706) 295-6123 / Gordon (706) 624-1444 / Polk (770) 749-2270
- Expanded free COVID testing in Northwest Georgia: LakePoint Sports Complex, Emerson: Mondays through Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Coosa Valley Fairgrounds: Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Rome hospitals updates: 4 COVID patients on Friday
- Atrium Floyd Health: 2 patients, no change.
- AdventHealth Redmond: 2 patients, no change.
- Highest since pandemic began: 221 on Sept. 10, 2021.
- Lowest since pandemic began: 2 on June 1, 2020.