Today’s first headlines:
Newsletter: Now twice weekly.
- Rant of the week: Doggone it — Lobrillo’s closes in West Rome.
- Housing x 3: More on the surge in new accommodations; some analysis on today’s market; and how a top metro builder is booming here.
- Politics & Popcorn: Busy day for no. 34.
- Peaks & Valleys: Rotary’s 9,000-mask donation.
- Ware Mechanical Weather alert: Frigid Saturday to include a wind chill of 12 degrees with a low of 20, gusts of 25 mph; high of 38.
- 2 more die in Northwest Georgia (Bartow, Polk cases); probable death in Floyd. 327 new cases in 24 hours. 172 virus patients in Rome hospitals, down 4.
- Buzz: Zoom meeting to cover new One Community United initiative. Area 4H students bring home honors. Traffic/train updates.
- Obituaries: Earl Norman Barrett, Jean Hunter Christie, Mrs. Morrissa N. Dawson, Frank Morgan Durden, Margaret White Gaines, Corey Ginn, Mr. Charles Richard “Rick” Highfield, Mr. Herbert Allen Osborne.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- Hardy Realty’s open house gallery for Sunday. Two homes, Cartersville and Rome, and four town homes in The Village of Maplewood (one and two bedrooms). Open houses
- Countdown begins to Rome Braves’ home opener April 12.
- Plus: How to lobby for a World Series trophy visit.
- Shorter women’s road game called off because of COVID
- NFL championships this Sunday: AFC, 3 p.m., CBS: Bengals vs. Chiefs. NFC, 6:30 p.m., Fox, 49ers vs. Rams.
- Community sports calendar.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-346-2031.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: First National Community Bank.