Update from Dr. Gary Voccio: You know it is intense is when Voccio is wearing a mask for his video update. Here’s why:
- Almost half the patients in some area hospitals are COVID patients, Voccio says.
- Two thirds of those patients are not vaccinated.
- 80% of those in ICU have not had a vaccination.
- 90% of those on ventilators have not had a vaccination.
Public Health departments across Northwest Georgia will be closed Monday to observe the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.
- Atrium Health Floyd had 84 patients, up 2.
- AdventHealth Redmond had 68 patients, up 5.
- The record is 221 patients set on Sept. 10.
- 28 patients in AdventHealth Gordon on Monday vs. 11 on Jan. 3.
- Piedmont Cartersville does not share COVID patient information.
- Gordon County resident listed as ‘probable death’ on Friday.
- 626 more cases in NW Georgia since Thursday. 202 in Floyd; 145 in Bartow; 97 in Gordon; 142 in Polk; and 40 in Chattooga.
- 14,801 more cases in Georgia in a day.
- 39 deaths since Thursday in Georgia.
- Free COVID-19 vaccinations are available daily for eligible individuals at health departments: Bartow (770) 382-1920 / Chattooga (706) 857-3471 / Floyd (706) 295-6123 / Gordon (706) 624-1444 / Polk (770) 749-2270
- Free COVID testing in Northwest Georgia: LakePointe Sports Complex, Emerson: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Coosa Valley Fairgrounds: Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.