Today’s first headlines:
- By the numbers: 1,563 more COVID cases in NW Georgia since Friday; 55,973 in Georgia. 82 virus patients in Rome hospitals, up 7 from Monday. 5 more COVID deaths in region since Friday.
- Floyd County Schools (25), Polk School District (36), Berry College (37) first reports show impact of COVID surge as semester begins.
- Business: Rome Floyd Chamber’s Expo delaying next week’s Expo to Nov. 3.
- Business: Ira Levy purchases 800 Broad St. at Turner McCall with plans for possible housing in addition to more business tenants.
- Developing: Five people arrested on interference with custody charges after 12-year-old Adairsville boy found safe.
- Buzz: Rome’s Gretchen Corbin again among state’s ‘100 most influential’ in latest Georgia Trend list. Floyd Democrats meet by Zoom on Thursday.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Double shot of brief snow on Thursday, first around sunrise and then that evening.
- Funeral services pending for Matthew Hines, Ava Freeman.
- Obituaries: Mr. Jerome Benjamin Daniel Sr., Ms. Zinari MaeSara Smith.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday. No reports from Tuesday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- Georgia vs. Alabama, national championship, 8 p.m. Monday, ESPN.
- New: Game day summary for Monday night.
- Falcons vs. Saints, 4:25 p.m. Sunday, Fox 5, 92.9 FM and Le Mejor. Season finale.
- Falcons’ roster updates: COVID, depth chart for Sunday vs. Saints
- Model to appeal latest classification.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-346-2031.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: First National Community Bank.