- Floyd County posts two more COVID deaths Friday and another probable death.
- 25 patients in Rome hospitals on Friday, down 1. 15 at Atrium Health Floyd, 10 at Redmond Regional.
- 120 new cases in Northwest Georgia. 64 in Bartow, 37 in Floyd.
- 7,998 new cases in the state.
- 25 additional deaths.
- Source: Georgia Department of Public Health
- Free COVID-19 vaccinations are available daily for eligible individuals at health departments: Bartow (770) 382-1920 / Chattooga (706) 857-3471 / Floyd (706) 295-6123 / Gordon (706) 624-1444 / Polk (770) 749-2270
Rome COVID testing site closed until Monday; Emerson reopens Tuesday.
The Georgia Department of Public Health Northwest Health District announces that the free, drive-up Covid-19 test sites in Floyd will remain closed until Monday because of the Christmas holiday. The Emerson site reopens Tuesday. Regular test hours and days for these two sites are:
- LakePointe Sports Complex, Emerson: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Coosa Valley Fairgrounds: Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Both sites will close Dec. 31 and Jan. 1 (New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day).