Today’s first headlines:
- Business: New home of Buffalo Wild Wings on the market for just over $3 million. October was an up month for Greater Rome Realtors.
- Parade: The weather looks great and the almost-final lineup is out for tonight’s Rome Christmas Parade. It starts at 6:30 p.m. and also will be on Facebook Live. Latest details.
- 3 more Floyd deaths: 1 from COVID, 2 ‘probable.’ Polk records another virus death. 19 COVID patients in Rome hospitals Monday, lowest since July 23.
- Education: Berry among 420 listed in the Princeton Review Guide to Green Colleges.
- Smile Report: Brayden Swinford of Troop 34 earns rank of Eagle Scout.
- Ware Mechanical Weather: Clear, low 50s for the parade tonight and then warming temperatures with 70 due Friday.
- Obituaries: Mac Andrew Adkins, Mr. Timmy Burge, Mrs. Mary Strickland Chupp, Mr. Victor Dorsey, Mrs. Frances Louise Stafford Houser, Mrs. Laura Jean Morris, Mr. Michael Danny Mulkey Sr., Edith Doris Phillips Swint.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- John McClellan’s picks for the high school football playoffs: Close wins for Cedartown, Calhoun this Friday — which means the state championships are next. McClellan
- Georgia prepares for Alabama at SEC Championship, 4 p.m. Saturday, CBS.
- College Football Playoffs rankings due tonight at 7.
- Falcons host Bucs at 1 p.m. Sunday.
- About those changes at Georgia Tech.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-346-2031.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: First National Community Bank.