- No COVID tests Thursday or Friday at the free test sites in Floyd, Bartow.
- The state will not have updates on cases and fatalities again until 3 p.m. Monday, Nov. 29.
- 1 more Floyd resident dies. Another probable death in Bartow.
- 26 virus patients at Floyd, Redmond, up 2. 19 at Atrium Health Floyd, 7 at Redmond.
- 30 new cases in Northwest Georgia.
- 838 new cases in the state.
- 29 additional deaths.
- Source: Georgia Department of Public Health.
CAMPUS REPORTS: Latest updates from each school system.
Weekday reports (through Nov. 24):
- Rome City Schools. No updates since 11/18.
- Floyd County Schools. No updates since 11/15.
- Polk School District: 9 staff and students on Friday.
- Berry College: November: 4 students, 1 employee. Currently 3 active cases, 1 quarantine. (through Nov. 17).
Weekly reports (through Nov. 19; classes are out this week):
- Cartersville City Schools: CCS was notified that one primary school student tested positive for COVID-19.
- Bartow County Schools. No schools in yellow phase.
- Gordon County Schools. 5 students, 2 staff (5 overall at Fairmount Elementary).
- Calhoun City Schools: 6 cases, all students.
- Chattooga County Schools: 4 cases, 3 at Leroy Massey Elementary.
COVID TESTING, VACCINATIONS
Thanksgiving break: The free COVID-19 test sites in Bartow, Catoosa, Floyd, and Paulding counties will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 25, and on Friday, Nov. 26. Regular days and hours of operation will resume Monday, Nov. 29.
Free COVID tests at Coosa Valley Fairgrounds as well as LakePoint. What to know:
- Rome: Coosa Valley Fairgrounds, 1400 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. in Rome. Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. There is no Sunday testing. Please register online at https://honumg.info/LTSGA011.
- Emerson: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., LakePointe Sports Complex. Registration link.