Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Self-serve, drive-through, curbside, Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 7 a.m. curbside breakfast; 9 a.m. inside; open until 8:30 p.m. Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
John McClellan’s high school football playoff predictions:
- 6 area high schools remain in football playoffs; after Friday, only 3 will survive. McClellan
This week’s games
- Darlington vs. Tattnall Square.
- Trion vs. Wilcox Academy.
- Unity Christian vs: Johnson Ferry Christian Academy at Pope High School in the semifinals.
- Cartersville hosts Warner Robins. (On Peachtree TV, 8 p.m. Friday)
- Calhoun at Ware County. From Calhoun Schools: “To allow for six hours of travel time for our band, students, teachers, parents and community members, we have determined that we must close school on Friday, Nov. 19. The KEEP program will be available for parents who wish to use the service. The cost is $20 per day and is open 7 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Cedartown hosts Cairo.
MIddle school updates
- The Rome 6th Grade team will play North Forsyth this Saturday at Harrison High School for the Georgia Middle School Athletic Association Division A championship.
- Cartersville’s 6th Grade defeated Dalton 14-12 Saturday night to win the Division B championship.
Fannin County has petitioned the Georgia High School Association to move back into Region 7-2A with Coosa, Model, Pepperell, Chattooga, Gordon Central, Dade County and Dalton Academy. Gilmer and Pickens have petitioned to move back into Region 6-3A with Adairsville and other Northwest Georgia schools. The committee also will hear a proposal to change the division of Class A from a public/ private split to a large school/small school split with private and public schools combined into Class A but that proposal would have to be approved by the GHSA Executive Committee. The Reclassification Committee on Thursday will consider a change in the original Class A Private School region alignment for the next two years because of the large number of private schools who have announced they are leaving the association.
Roster: The Falcons have released Elliott Fry from the practice squad.
— Atlanta Falcons (@AtlantaFalcons) November 17, 2021
Berry Volleyball headed to NCAA Division III National Championship Tournament: Vikings vs. Claremont, 6:30 tonight. Bracket.
On Thursday, the No. 12-ranked Vikings, now 28-2 overall and riding a 13-game win streak, will open their appearance in the NCAA Division III National Championships in St. Louis, Mo., when they square off against No. 3 Claremont-Mudd-Scripps (30-1) at 6:30 p.m., in the Elite 8 quarterfinals. The CMS Athenas are the No. 2 seed for the national tournament hosted by Washington University, while Berry is seeded No. 7. The winner of the Berry-Claremont showdown will meet the Trinity-Calvin winner in the semifinals Friday at 8:30 p.m. The championship match is scheduled for Saturday at 8 p.m.
Latest College Football Playoffs rankings: Georgia no. 1, Alabama no. 2, Oregon no. 3 and Ohio State no. 4.
- Next:. Saturday, home vs. Charleston Southern, noon. Nov. 27: At Georgia Tech, noon, ABC.
- SEC Schedule
Thanksgiving Weekend with SEC, ACC football: What to know.