- 39 COVID patients at Floyd, Redmond, up 8. 26 at Atrium Health Floyd, 13 at Redmond.
- 2 more COVID deaths: 1 from Bartow, 1 from Polk.
- 58 new cases in Northwest Georgia. Since Wednesday; no report Thursday.
- 1,568 new cases in the state. Since Wednesday; no report Thursday.
- 104 additional deaths. Since Wednesday; no report Thursday.
- Source: Georgia Department of Public Health.
CAMPUS REPORTS: Latest updates from each school system.
Weekday reports (through Nov.12):
- Rome City Schools. Two cases, both at West End, so far this week.
- Floyd County Schools. No new cases through Thursday.
- Polk School District: 20 students and staff as of Friday.
- Berry College: November: 2 students. Currently 2 active cases, 1 quarantine. (through Nov. 9).
Weekly reports (through Nov. 12):
- Cartersville City Schools: No new cases this past week.
- Bartow County Schools. No schools in yellow phase.
- Gordon County Schools. 1 case, at Red Bud Elementary.
- Calhoun City Schools: 11 cases, 8 students and 3 staff.
- Chattooga County Schools: 1 case, Lyerly Elementary.
- Free COVID-19 vaccinations are available daily for eligible individuals at health departments: Bartow (770) 382-1920 / Chattooga (706) 857-3471 / Floyd (706) 295-6123 / Gordon (706) 624-1444 / Polk (770) 749-2270
- Floyd continues to provide monoclonal antibody (mAb) treatment at our three hospitals to patients who are eligible and have a physician referral. Learn more about this COVID treatment. Click Floyd
Free COVID tests at Coosa Valley Fairgrounds as well as LakePoint. What to know:
- Rome: Coosa Valley Fairgrounds, 1400 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. in Rome. Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. There is no Sunday testing. Please register online at https://honumg.info/LTSGA011.
- Emerson: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., LakePointe Sports Complex. Registration link.
Here’s the latest COVID assessment for the United States from Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security:
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports 46.6 million cumulative COVID-19 cases
- 755,201 deaths so far, passing 750,000 cumulative deaths on Nov. 4.
- The current daily incidence average is approximately 74,584 new cases per day and appears to be increasing.
- The decline in daily mortality appears to have passed an inflection point and appears to be holding relatively steady. The US is currently averaging 1,078 deaths per day.