Today’s first headlines:
- Georgia State Patrol: All passengers escape vehicle that caught on fire after bizarre crash on I-75 Friday afternoon.
- Business: $67.2 million industrial warehouse proposed south of Calhoun. River City Bank opening Blairsville office.
- Health Department accepting appointments for youths 5-11 to get Pfizer vaccine. Another Floyd resident dies from COVID; Georgia tops 25,000 virus deaths. 39 virus patients in Rome hospitals, up 1 on Friday.
- Health: Dr. Ryan Chizner joins Harbin Clinic Cardiology Cartersville on Nov. 14.
- Buzz: Elections board meets Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Georgia DOT: US 27 resurfacing continues Monday in Polk County. Darlington’s scholarship updates. The Friends of the Library offering ‘Christmas Gift’ Silent Auction.
- Ware Mechanical Weather: Dense fog advisory. You’re also waking up to ‘crisp, autumn air’ as they call it on TV. Sunny and mid 60s today, lows in the upper 30s.
- Obituaries: Mr. Micah A. Harris, Mr. Louis M. McNeal, Mrs. Kathryn Ann Byrd Storey, Mrs. Jackie Watters.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday. No new reports from Friday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- John McClellan’s first look at the playoff pairings.
- Friday night football scores.
- How did John McClellan pick ’em this week? ‘McClellan
- Cross country updates.
- Berry away, Shorter home today.
- Atlanta Braves, fans celebrate in style.
- Atlanta Falcons at New Orleans Sunday.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-346-2031.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.