Today’s first headlines:
- Business: Site of Rome’s new Buffalo Wild Wings is gutted; third time this venue has undergone a face lift. West Rome’s Raceway still needs to stock up; tentative opening Dec. 1.
- 22nd person this year dies on Rome/Floyd roads; victim was a 31-year-old Euharlee man.
- Floyd, Polk residents the latest area COVID victims. 38 virus patients at Atrium Health Floyd, Redmond; down 1 from Tuesday. State to begin Pfizer shots for kids 5 through 11 soon.
- Need a jolt of holiday goodwill? We recommend a Peppermint Chip Milkshake with a large side of Christmas lights at Truett’s Chick-fil-A.
- Buzz: Please take two minutes to complete simple downtown Rome survey; some great enhancements suggested.Georgia Highlands in the hunt for $1 million Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence.
- Ware Mechanical Weather: Rain will continue into the morning; high of 52 today but back to the 60s for the weekend.
- Obituaries: Joyce Gay Slaughter Morris, James Russell Murray, Mr. Harold E. Pierce, Mrs. Sandra Virginia Jones Wilson, Connie Sue Davis Wright.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- John McClellan’s high school picks: What this Friday’s games mean to the playoffs. McClellan
- Updates on parade, celebrations in honor of Atlanta Braves’ World Series’ title.
- Berry away, Shorter home this Saturday.
- Atlanta Falcons at New Orleans Sunday.
- Parade, celebrations set for Friday for the Atlanta Braves.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-346-2031.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.