Today’s first headlines:
- Rome Commission: Doss, Quick, Beeman win three seats on Ward 2. School board: Collins, Jackson, Byington, Davis, Fisher, Uldrick and newcomer Pascha Burge win seven seats. Turnout was lousy (12.8%). Also: regional results.
- 39 virus patients at Atrium Health Floyd, Redmond on Tuesday, up 4. Floyd County records another probable COVID death. Latest school updates.
- Buzz: Big crowd for Industrial Career Day at Georgia Northwestern. Time to get this Christmas parade applications in order; deadline Nov. 15.
- Ware Mechanical Weather: Mid to upper 50s through Friday; upper 30s Saturday morning. Plus: This is Fall Severe Weather Preparedness Day (what to know).
- Obituaries: Mr. Johnny Ray Buchanan, Rev. Barry Tillman Gay, Juanita Elizabeth Anthony Pearson.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- The Atlanta Braves overcome just about everything to win the 2021 World Series.
- John McClellan’s high school picks: What this Friday’s games mean to the playoffs. McClellan
- GHSA releases new ‘classifications’ for high school teams starting next fall.
- Georgia no. 1, Alabama no. 2 in the first College Football Playoffs rankings for 2021.
- Berry away, Shorter home this Saturday.
- Atlanta Falcons at New Orleans Sunday. Latest roster moves.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-346-2031.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.