- 2 COVIDs death in Floyd County posted Friday. 18th probable death in Polk.
- 32 COVID patients at Floyd, Redmond on Friday; no change. 19 at Atrium Health Floyd, 13 at Redmond.
- 28 new cases in Northwest Georgia.
- 912 new cases in the state.
- 114 additional deaths.
- Source: Georgia Department of Public Health.
Free COVID tests at Coosa Valley Fairgrounds as well as LakePoint. What to know:
- Rome: Coosa Valley Fairgrounds, 1400 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. in Rome. Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. There is no Sunday testing. Please register online at https://honumg.info/LTSGA011.
- Emerson: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., LakePointe Sports Complex. Registration link.
- Free COVID-19 vaccinations are available daily for eligible individuals at health departments: Bartow (770) 382-1920 / Chattooga (706) 857-3471 / Floyd (706) 295-6123 / Gordon (706) 624-1444 / Polk (770) 749-2270
- Floyd continues to provide monoclonal antibody (mAb) treatment at our three hospitals to patients who are eligible and have a physician referral. Learn more about this COVID treatment. Click Floyd
CAMPUS REPORTS: Latest updates from each school system.
Weekday reports (through Oct. 29):
- Rome City Schools. 1 case at Rome Middle.
- Floyd County Schools. No cases reported last week.
- Polk School District: 9 students and staff as of Friday.
- Berry College: Through October, 5 students and 3 staffers have tested positive. Currently 4 active cases, 1 quarantine. (through Oct. 29).
Weekly reports (through Oct. 29):
- Cartersville City Schools: No report.
- Bartow County Schools. No schools in yellow phase.
- Gordon County Schools. 11 cases including 10 students and 1 staffer.
- Calhoun City Schools: 3 student cases.
- Chattooga County Schools: 2 cases.