Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Self-serve, drive-through, curbside, Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 7 a.m. curbside breakfast; 9 a.m. inside; open until 8:30 p.m. Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
John McClellan’s high school picks:
- Closer look at post-season playoffs plus who will win this Friday. McClellan.
This week’s games and notes:
- Pepperell at Chattooga
- Gordon Lee at Armuchee
- Douglas County at Rome
- Walker at Darlington
- Fannin County at Coosa
- Unity Christian School at Lanier Christian Academy.
- Calhoun at Cartersville (7:30 p.m., Georgia Public Broadcasting).
- Blessed Trinity at Cass
- Cedartown at Central of Carroll
- Adairsville at North Murray
- Rockmart at LaFayette
- Woodland at Hiram
- Mt. Zion at Trion
- Sonoraville at Ringgold
- Dade County at Gordon Central
- Off this week: Model.
— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) October 25, 2021
The Atlanta Braves open World Series showdown with Houston Astros tonight at 8 on Fox. Media release: It took both great talent and resilience for the Braves and Astros to reach the 2021 World Series, which begins on Tuesday night with Game 1 at Minute Maid Park.
By winning the American League pennant for the third time in five seasons, Houston once again showed off its star power and strength of its system. These are still the Astros of Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Alex Bregman and Yuli Gurriel, all of whom are vying for their second ring after winning it all in 2017. But they’ve also relied on breakout stars, such as Kyle Tucker and AL Rookie of the Year candidate Luis Garcia, to help them get back to this point despite the AL Championship Series absence of ace Lance McCullers Jr.
With the venerable Dusty Baker searching for his first World Series title as a manager, the Astros have had to endure boobirds in this first season with fans in the stands after their sign-stealing scandal erupted in late 2019. Another pennant won’t silence the skeptics, though they are quickly running out of ammo.
But rather than throwing in the towel, general manager Alex Anthopoulos added almost every outfielder available at the Trade Deadline — Eddie Rosario, Adam Duvall, Joc Pederson and Jorge Soler — to support a lineup anchored by reigning NL MVP Freddie Freeman. Now here the Braves are, having dispatched the mighty 106-win Dodgers in pursuit of their first World Series championship since 1995.
Wednesday, Oct. 27
• Braves at Astros, Game 2 (FOX, 8 p.m. ET)
Thursday, Oct. 28
• Travel Day
Friday, Oct. 29
• Astros at Braves, Game 3 (FOX, 8 p.m. ET)
Saturday, Oct. 30
• Astros at Braves, Game 4 (FOX, 8 p.m. ET)
Sunday, Oct. 31
• Astros at Braves, Game 5* (FOX, 8 p.m. ET)
Monday, Nov. 1
• Travel Day*
Tuesday, Nov. 2
• Braves at Astros, Game 6* — (FOX, 8 p.m. ET)
Wednesday, Nov. 3
• Braves at Astros, Game 7* — (FOX, 8 p.m. ET)
- Next: Sunday at home vs. Carolina, 1 p.m., Fox 5, 92.9 FM.
Kaleb McGary has been activated from the reserve/COVID-19 list. https://t.co/EqUyc4PaJm
— Atlanta Falcons (@AtlantaFalcons) October 25, 2021
Berry College’s Mason Kinsey (21C) made his debut for the Tennessee Titans on Sunday, making him the first Berry alum to play in the NFL. He was activated from the practice squad and served on punt returns. He had one fair catch in the Titans’ 27-3 win over Kansas City.
- Next: Saturday at home vs. Birmingham-Southern, 3 p.m.
- Next: Saturday at Delta State, 3 p.m.
- Next: Saturday, Florida at Jacksonville, 3:30 p.m., CBS
- SEC Schedule
- Next: Saturday, home vs. Virginia Tech, noon.
- ACC Schedule.