Martha Benton’s final week in Coosa began this morning at 6 a.m. By 7 p.m. Friday, Martha’s Skillet will call it a career after decades of service to the Coosa community.
Perhaps appropriately, the menu for the week was posted — as always — on Sunday evening. It looks like Martha and crew are serving customer favorites on each of the final days. Here’s that menu if you’re planning a special farewell trip.
- Monday: Cheesybeef casserole and fried chicken.
- Tuesday: Salmon patties and spicy chicken fillets.
- Wednesday: Meatloaf and country fried steak & gravy.
- Thursday: Spaghetti and hand-breaded chicken tenders.
- Friday: Chicken & dressing and baked ham.
- “As always, you can see our featured sides and our full menu at our website: http://marthasskillet.com/menu/”
Martha announced earlier this month that Friday would be her final day at 4590 Alabama Highway. The finale comes just a few days before her 71st birthday on Halloween.