Today’s first headlines:
- Dining: Pick O’ Deli closes Dean Avenue location, ‘hoping to remodel and be back in business sometime in 2022.’ Customers are being referred to the Riverside location.
- Health: Northwest Georgia women far outpace men in getting at least one COVID vaccination. Region way behind state averages.
- Monday’s Rome City Commission meeting could be lengthy; agenda includes Martha Berry makeover; massive subdivision; regional hospital deal; open container extension; teen curfew. County Commission meets Tuesday,
- Campaign Watch: You can vote in advance today at the Floyd elections office. Who’s on the ballot; where and when to vote.
- Ware Mechanical Weather: Sunny and 80 today; highs in the upper 60s starting Tuesday.
- Obituaries: Dr. Gene Grant Davidson.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- Atlanta Braves top Dodgers 4-2; to face Houston Astros in World Series starting Tuesday.
- Berry Vikings double up on Hendrix, 42-21.
- Shorter Hawks fall 45-23 to West Florida.
- Georgia Tech rally falls short; Virginia wins 48-40.
- Falcons face Miami today at 1 p.m. Latest roster updates.
- Latest community sports.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-346-2031.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.