Today’s first headlines:
- 6 COVID deaths in NW Georgia on Friday; 7 more probable deaths. 41 virus patients in Floyd, Redmond, lowest since early August. No COVID tests Saturday at fairgrounds. Public Health to start Moderna, J&J boosters.
- Business: Shorter site transforms from autos to eyecare. Sequel to Rome Cinemas sale: 500 storage units, 12 jobs by spring. Home sales jump in September in Bartow, Gordon counties.
- Guest column: Gabby Petito’s loss a grim reminder of the toll of partner violence. A continuing ‘curriculum of violence prevention’ is one solution.
- Campaign Watch: Where to vote Saturday in Floyd, Bartow, Gordon and Polk counties; you can vote Sunday in Floyd as well. Who’s on the ballot; where and when to vote.
- Floyd County: Jones Mill Road to be closed Oct. 28-31 because of the air show; changes at remote site as well.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Sunny skies, highs of 73 to 79 before storms, some rain possible Monday.
- Obituaries: Mr. William Franklin “Skipper” Baker, Mr. Larry Darrnell Cox, Mrs. Helen Jeanette Patterson Lashely.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores. No updates from Friday; latest Thursday scores.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- Atlanta Braves host Los Angeles Dodgers. Game 6 at 5 this afternoon, TBS.
- Friday night’s scores.
- Both Berry, Shorter on the road today.
- Falcons face Miami Sunday. Latest roster updates.
- Latest community sports.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-346-2031.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.