Today’s first headlines:
- Dining: Buffalo Wild Wings to go before Rome’s Alcohol Control Commission in November as renovations get under way.
- Movies at Berry Square, the last cinemas from the Village Theatres group owned by Dr. Gary Smith, has been sold.
- 3 Floyd residents, 4 from Bartow the latest claimed by COVID. 64 virus patients in Floyd, Redmond on Tuesday, down 4. Free tests in Rome return to Coosa Valley Fairgrounds.
- Health: Karen Steely named chief operating officer at Redmond Regional.
- Campaign Watch: Advance voting under way across Northwest Georgia. Where and when to vote (including this Saturday).
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Watch for fog this morning.Rain returns late Friday; temperatures will drop from a high of 85 Friday to 73 on Saturday.
- Remembering Dale Robert Eckroat and Camellia Ann Holsomback Eckroat, who died weeks apart after 49 years of marriage.
- Obituaries: Martha Kathleen Harris Baird, Ronald G. Cockrel.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- Harbin Clinic Headlines: Meet Dr. Bennett Brock, who joins Harbin Clinic General Surgery Rome, and is eager to join the expert group of surgeons and start caring for patients. Dr. Brock shared the ways the technically and mentally challenging elements of surgery fit his personality and life goals. As he was considering what he wanted to do for the rest of his life, he wanted a challenge. And with surgery, he feels challenged daily. He may be doing the same operation repeatedly, but the patient and circumstances are always different. He approaches each operation individually.
- John McClellan’s high school picks for this week: Cartersville at Blessed Trinity; Darlington vs. Christian Heritage among top games. Calhoun, Cedartown, Rockmart should cruise. McClellan
- Thursday, Friday high school games this week.
- Atlanta Braves headed to NL Championship after key win Tuesday night. Will play Giants/Dodgers winner from Thursday night (series begins Saturday).
- Both Berry, Shorter both play at home this weekend.
- Falcons have a bye week; next at Miami Oct. 24.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.