Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Self-serve, drive-through, curbside, Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 7 a.m. curbside breakfast; 9 a.m. inside; open until 8:30 p.m. Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
John McClellan’s high school football predictions:
- John McClellan’s high school picks for this week: Cartersville at Blessed Trinity; Darlington vs. Christian Heritage among top games. Calhoun, Cedartown, Rockmart should cruise. McClellan
AJC weekly high school rankings (through Oct. 10)
- 6A: Rome up two spots to no. 6.
- 5A: No change for Cartersville (no. 2) while Calhoun rises a notch to no. 6.
- 4A: Cedartown holds at no. 5.
- 3A: Rockmart up one spot to no. 9.
- A-Private: Darlington returns at no. 9.
POLL ALERT: Georgia a unanimous No. 1 in latest AP Top 25, grabbing regular-season top spot for first time since 1982; Iowa, Cincinnati, Oklahoma and Alabama next; Big Ten has five top-10 teams for first time ever.
— AP Top 25 (@AP_Top25) October 10, 2021
The Bulldogs were a preseason no. 1 in 1988 but this is the first regular-season top ranking. Georgia hosts undefeated Kentucky at 3:30 p.m. Saturday on CBS.
Who are the starting pitchers?
- Brewers: The logical choice all along, Freddy Peralta (10-5, 2.81 ERA) was confirmed as the Game 3 starter by manager Craig Counsell on Sunday.
- Braves: Anderson (9-5, 3.58 ERA) had only six big league appearances before being used as Atlanta’s No. 2 starter during last year’s postseason. But the lanky right-hander didn’t blink as he worked 17 2/3 scoreless innings before allowing a run in his fourth start, which came against the Dodgers in Game 7 of the NL Championship Series.Anderson missed seven weeks after the All-Star break because of right shoulder inflammation. He didn’t record a strikeout in his first two starts off the injured list, but he totaled 24 over the three starts that followed. He also allowed two or fewer runs in three of his last four starts.
- Next: Game four is Tuesday at 5:07 p.m., TBS; game five, if needed, 5:07 p.m. Thursday on TBS.
- MLB playoffs schedule: MLB
- Falcons over Jets 27-20 in London game: Kyle Pitts shined in Sunday’s game against the New York Jets in London. The No. 4 pick racked up nine catches for 119 yards and a touchdown. The game was a coming-out party for Pitts, who has been up and down throughout the season. His touchdown came in the first quarter when he shook Jets defensive lineman John Franklin-Meyers for the two-yard reception.
- Next: Oct. 24 at Miami, 1 p.m., Fox 5, 92.9 FM.
- Next: Oct. 16, home vs. Sewanee, 3 p.m.
- Next: Oct. 16 at home, 1 p.m., vs. Mississippi College.
HEY ATHENS … WE'RE COMING BACK‼️
— College GameDay (@CollegeGameDay) October 10, 2021
ESPN’s Game Day makes a quick return to Athens this Saturday. 9 a.m. Saturday