Today’s first headlines:
- NAACP urges Coosa High parents to first unite as their own group as investigation continues following Saturday’s information session.
- Health: 266 people have died here since delta surge began in August; since then, the number of fully vaccinated area residents has climbed by 7 to 8 points but still way behind state averages.
- Ellianos Coffee just about ready in Rockmart. The Rabbit’s Nest in Rome will reopen under new ownership soon.
- Good deed kids: Cub Scout pack helps with a flat tire while doing a ‘good turn’ last week.
- Education: Georgia Highlands (while still Floyd County) helped April and Robert Cummings grow into the educators they are today.
- What’s ahead this week: Rome City Commission on Monday; Floyd County Commission on Tuesday.
- Campaign Watch: Advance voting starts Tuesday; complete schedule of where and when. Also: Links to recent candidate forums.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: A little warmer as the week begins but light if any rain through Thursday.
- Obituaries: No additional obituaries from Saturday.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- Harbin Clinic Headlines: Meet Dr. Bennett Brock, who joins Harbin Clinic General Surgery Rome, and is eager to join the expert group of surgeons and start caring for patients. Dr. Brock shared the ways the technically and mentally challenging elements of surgery fit his personality and life goals. As he was considering what he wanted to do for the rest of his life, he wanted a challenge. And with surgery, he feels challenged daily. He may be doing the same operation repeatedly, but the patient and circumstances are always different. He approaches each operation individually.
- Berry gets back to the win column; rough day for Shorter.
- Atlanta Braves win 3-0; game 3 is just after 1 p.m. Monday.
- Georgia dominates Auburn; Tech edges Duke. Georgia could be the nation’s no. 1 team when today’s rankings are posted.
- Falcons to face Jets in London at 9:30 a.m. Sunday; roster updates.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.