Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Self-serve, drive-through, curbside, Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 7 a.m. curbside breakfast; 9 a.m. inside; open until 8:30 p.m. Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
- John McClellan’s high school football predictions: Wins for all but one Floyd County team; Calhoun in for a tight fight; romps for Cartersville, Cedartown, Rockmart. McClellan
- John’s notes:
- Darlington at Mt. Paran Christian
- Rome at East Paulding
- Armuchee v. BEST Academy, 5:30 p.m. kickoff.
- Model at Dade County
- Gordon Central at Pepperell
- Chattooga at Coosa
- Unity Christian School at Fideles Christian School
- Calhoun at Blessed Trinity (Peachtree TV, 8 p.m.)
- Cartersville at Hiram
- Woodland at Cass
- Northwest Whitfield at Cedartown
- Adairsville at Coahulla Creek
- Rockmart at Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe
- Murray County at Sonoraville
- Off this week: Trion
- National League Division Series, best of 5: Friday vs. Brewers. Braves manager Brian Snitker confirmed right-hander Charlie Morton will start Game 1 of the National League Division Series against the Brewers. Morton will seek more postseason success when Atlanta opens the NLDS on Friday in Milwaukee. Left-hander Max Fried will start Game 2 of the best-of-five series next Saturday. Game three is Monday, Oct. 11; game four is Tuesday (if necessary) and game five would be Thursday (if necessary).
- Friday: 4:37 p.m. first pitch, TBS.
- Saturday: 5:07 p.m. first pitch, TBS.
- Monday: TBA
- MLB playoffs schedule: MLB
- Next: Saturday at Millsap, 2 p.m.
- Saturday home vs. West Alabama, 1 p.m.
Berry interim head men’s basketball coach Trevor Lydic announces Josh Pittman has joined the program as its new assistant coach. At Centre, Pittman helped the Colonels win back-to-back SAA regular season championships in 2019 and 2020 and the conference tournament title in 2020. During his tenure at Centre, the team had a 50-15 overall record. Prior to joining the Colonels, Pittman served for two seasons as a graduate assistant coach at Division II Trevecca Nazarene in Tennessee.
Pittman also had stints at Indiana University Southeast and Grand View University. While at IUSE, Pittman helped lead the program to a 48-16 record in his tenure there, including a conference championship. As an assistant at Grand View, Pittman helped lead the Vikings to the regular season conference championship with a 25-9 record, a 12-win improvement from the previous season. The Vikings qualified for the NAIA Division II National Tournament.
In addition, Pittman spent two years working as a student assistant for Rick Pitino at the University of Louisville. Marvin Menzies, then an assistant coach on the Cardinals staff, asked Pittman to join him when he was named the head coach at New Mexico State. There he Pittman served as the Aggies’ program assistant.
A 2002 graduate of Christian Academy of Louisville, played for one of the winningest coaches in Louisville, Jeff Imlay. He ranks in the top five in school history in points, scoring over 1,000 points. Pittman earned a B.A. from the University of Louisville in health and sports performance.