Heritage First Headlines:
- Dining: Billiards champs Johnny Archer, Rodney Morris bringing sports bar, grill and pool hall to Cartersville. Soft opening possible this week. Partnership includes Birdies’ Wings owner.
- Health: Our deadliest month of the pandemic — 186 COVID deaths — also saw a 23.% slowdown in NW Georgians getting a first dose of vaccine.
- Commentary: Public Health’s Dr. Gary Voccio on the difference between a ‘third or additional dose’ and a ‘booster.’
- Buzz: Two key projects — 1,018 new homes off Chulio/Pleasant Valley and redevelopment of North Fifth/Martha Berry — before planning commission Tuesday. Also: Center for Independent Living welcomes new director.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Close to an inch of rain today and more into the new week. High of 77.
- Obituaries: Mrs. Rosa Mae Barnette, Mrs. Gwendolyn Inez Jarrett Brown, Mr. Eugene McKinley Johnston, Mr. Larry Kenneth Landers, Arthur Rickman (Rick) Miller, Marian Wood.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- Harbin Clinic Headlines: Meet Dr. Bennett Brock, who joins Harbin Clinic General Surgery Rome, and is eager to join the expert group of surgeons and start caring for patients. Dr. Brock shared the ways the technically and mentally challenging elements of surgery fit his personality and life goals. As he was considering what he wanted to do for the rest of his life, he wanted a challenge. And with surgery, he feels challenged daily. He may be doing the same operation repeatedly, but the patient and circumstances are always different. He approaches each operation individually.
- Atlanta Braves win 6-5; close regular season with the Mets this afternoon. Playoffs start Friday vs. Brewers.
- Berry, Shorter both lose Saturday.
- Georgia blanks Arkansas, Georgia Tech hit hard by Pitt.
- Atlanta Falcons host Washington 1 p.m. Sunday.
- Community Sports: What’s on the calendar.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.