Heritage First Headlines:
- An appreciation: We’ve lost the voice of Northwest Georgia sports, Randy Davis.
- AdventHealth completes $635 million purchase of Redmond Regional, ending a shift in three hospital ownerships that started in November 2019.
- 5 more COVID deaths posted Friday: 2 in Floyd, 2 in Gordon, 1 in Bartow. 121 virus patients in Floyd, Redmond on Friday. Latest updates from Dr. Voccio.
- COVID on campus: Latest update from Rome (1 case), Floyd Schools (6 cases). Also, updates from Bartow, Gordon, Chattooga schools.
- GBI names Rome native and Calhoun office supervisor Brian Johnston to serve as Special Agent in Charge of the agency’s Child Exploitation and Computer Crimes Unit.
- Campaign Watch: Monday’s your last chance to register to vote in the Nov. 2 elections. Two candidate forums Tuesday; elections board also meets.
- Health: Harbin Clinic Orthopedic Surgeon Dr. Brad Bushnell recently served on the international faculty of the European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and Elbow meeting in Poland. Kelly Vlass Culbertson, M.D., named Designated Institutional Official/Director of the Floyd Family Medicine Residency program.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: A slight chance of rain today with a high of 84; cooler starting Sunday.
- Obituaries: Mrs. Martha “Jane” Chapman, Walter “Mean Gene” Cranford, Leonard William “Crop” Crawford, RaeAnn Sue Puryear Stanley, Mrs. Patricia “Sue” Vis, Mrs. Carolyn Carter Wilkerson.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- Harbin Clinic Headlines: Meet Dr. Bennett Brock, who joins Harbin Clinic General Surgery Rome, and is eager to join the expert group of surgeons and start caring for patients. Dr. Brock shared the ways the technically and mentally challenging elements of surgery fit his personality and life goals. As he was considering what he wanted to do for the rest of his life, he wanted a challenge. And with surgery, he feels challenged daily. He may be doing the same operation repeatedly, but the patient and circumstances are always different. He approaches each operation individually.
- Friday night football scores.
- John McClellan’s high school picks for the week. How did John pick ’em? McClellan
- Atlanta Braves fall 4-3; close the regular season at home vs. Mets tonight, Sunday. Playoffs next.
- Berry at home tonight at 6; Shorter on the road to Valdosta.
- Atlanta Falcons host Washington 1 p.m. Sunday.
- Community Sports: What’s on the calendar.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.