Heritage First Headlines:
- Business: ‘Commissary kitchen’ serving three Kevin Dillmon restaurants/shops coming to North Fifth. Largos in Cartersville opens patio dining today.
- 7 COVID deaths posted on Thursday boost record September death rate to 186 in Northwest Georgia; 24 more died from ‘probable’ causes. Latest updates from Dr. Voccio.
- State Patrol: Rockmart man dies from injuries sustained in worksite accident on U.S. 27 near Chattooga/Floyd line.
- First of two elections board meetings set for today. Plus: Watch this week’s candidate forums and check what’s next. Last day to register to vote in Nov. 2 elections is Monday.
- Buzz: Alzheimer’s Walk set for Oct. 9 in Rome, with some extra safety steps. Floyd high school band festival is Tuesday.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Mid to upper 80s through Saturday; a trace of rain. Heavier showers late Sunday into Tuesday.
- Obituaries: Mr. William Farrell Broome Sr., Walter Gene Cranford, Ms. Jacqueline C. Creamer, Mrs. Evelyn Lorene Siniard Hendrix, Mrs. Mildred Jean Lanning Shuler, Mr. Phillip Stocks.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- Harbin Clinic Headlines: Meet Dr. Bennett Brock, who joins Harbin Clinic General Surgery Rome, and is eager to join the expert group of surgeons and start caring for patients. Dr. Brock shared the ways the technically and mentally challenging elements of surgery fit his personality and life goals. As he was considering what he wanted to do for the rest of his life, he wanted a challenge. And with surgery, he feels challenged daily. He may be doing the same operation repeatedly, but the patient and circumstances are always different. He approaches each operation individually.
- John McClellan’s high school picks for the week. Wins for Rome, Cartersville, Calhoun, Cedartown. Could be a rough night for Darlington, Armuchee. McClellan
- Thursday score: Blessed Trinity tops Woodland, 40-3. Also updates tonight on our ScoreStream.
- The Atlanta Braves sweep the Phillies, earn fourth consecutive NL East title, 5-3; close the regular season at home vs. Mets tonight through Sunday.
- Berry home this Saturday night; Shorter at Valdosta.
- Atlanta Falcons host Washington 1 p.m. Sunday.
- Community Sports: What’s on the calendar.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.