From the League: “Please join us for this virtual panel where we will discuss fair redistricting in Georgia. Questions may be submitted in advance to Terri Morgan at email@example.com. Speakers include:
- Lee Cagle, Professor, West Georgia University
- Jack Genberg, Senior Staff Attorney, Southern Poverty Law Center
- Karen Davenport, Board Member, Fair Districts GA
Oct. 5: Rome City Commission candidates invited to speak at the Floyd County Republican Women meeting: The regular monthly meeting is at Red Lobster on Shorter Avenue. “Come early to order lunch and the meeting begins.” At noon: The featured speakers are the six candidates running for the Rome City Commission, Ward 2.
Nov. 2 ballots:
City Commission, three seats, Ward 2: Top three vote-getters win the seats.
- Elaina Beeman
- LuGina Brown
- Jamie Doss (incumbent)
- Tyrone Holland
- Victor Hixon
- Randy Quick (incumbent)
Rome Board of Education, seven seats: Top seven vote-getters win the seats.
- Pascha Burge
- Will Byington (incumbent)
- Faith Collins (incumbent)
- Dr. Melissa Davis (incumbent)
- Jill Fisher (incumbent)
- Alvin Jackson Sr. (incumbent)
- Tracy Anthony-McDew
- Ron Roach
- John Uldrick (incumbent)
Six people have qualified to run for the three City Council seats this fall.
- Incumbent Charles Jackson is challenged by Stacey Royston.
- Incumbent Nellie McCain is challenged by Jason West.
- Incumbent Nancy Fricks is challeged by Steve Pierce.
- Daniel Johnson
- Dickie Gazaway
- Stephen Wilson
Cedartown City Commission
- Sam Branch
- Matt Foster
- Jessica Brewster Payton
Rockmart City Council
- Ward 1: Will Dover, Joe Henderson
- Ward 3: Lucille Harris
- Ward 4: Michael Bradley
- Oct. 4: Last day for new or lapsed voters to register to vote in the general election on Nov. 2.
- Oct. 12: Advance voting begins. From Floyd County: Early voting will begin and absentee ballots will be available at the Floyd County Board of Elections and Registration Office on Tuesday, October 12, 2021. Office hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. The last day to request an absentee ballot is Friday, October 22, 2021. The last day to cast your ballot early is Friday, October 29, 2021. The Floyd County Board of Elections and Registration Office is located in the Floyd County Administration Building, 12 East 4th Avenue, Suite 20, Rome, GA 30161. Mandatory Saturday voting will be held October 16 and October 23. One optional Sunday voting will be held October 24.
- Oct. 23-24: The Saturday is the mandatory weekend day to vote in advance; the 24th is the optional Sunday balloting.
- Nov. 2: Election day, precincts open from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. Rome voters: Because of Garden Lakes Baptist Church not available for this election, voting on election day will be at: Anthony Recreation Center; 2901 Garden Lakes Blvd; Rome, Ga 30165.