Heritage First Headlines:
- Claremont House dazzles in new trailer for ‘Stranger Things’ season four.
- Vaccine rates show why deaths surging in NW Georgia. A record 167 residents have died from COVID this month; just 35% of us have been fully vaccinated and first-dose cases dip.
- Campaign Watch: Two big weeks begin with candidate forums, voting registration deadline and a look at the upcoming redistricting battle.
- What’s ahead this week: Floyd County Board of Equalization appeals hearings moved starting Monday. No school for Rome students; Rome City Commission meeting; Floyd commissioners, too.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Sunny and warmer at least through Thursday
- Obituaries: Rev. Emmett Simpson Crider, Rev. Gregory Scott “Greg” Drake, Jimmy Holden, Mrs. Ginger Darlene Muysken, Ms. Lynda Marie Tolbert, Mr. Leonard Watts.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- Harbin Clinic Headlines: Meet Dr. Bennett Brock, who joins Harbin Clinic General Surgery Rome, and is eager to join the expert group of surgeons and start caring for patients. Dr. Brock shared the ways the technically and mentally challenging elements of surgery fit his personality and life goals. As he was considering what he wanted to do for the rest of his life, he wanted a challenge. And with surgery, he feels challenged daily. He may be doing the same operation repeatedly, but the patient and circumstances are always different. He approaches each operation individually.
- Shorter crushed by West Georgia; Berry off.
- Big wins for Georgia, Georgia Tech.
- Power Dash, Glow Walk updates.
- Atlanta Braves’ magic number now 7; at San Diego today; off Monday.
- Atlanta Falcons at NY Giants, 1 this afternoon.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.