From Public Health: “The free COVID-19 test site at the Coosa Valley Fairgrounds will be open Sunday, Sept. 26 from Sunday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.”
- 5 more die in Northwest Georgia: 3 in Floyd, 1 each in Gordon and Polk.
- 1,003 now dead from COVID in NW Georgia, either as virus victims (884) or ‘probable’ victims (119).
- 140 COVID patients at Floyd, Redmond on Friday, down 7. 79 at Floyd, 61 at Redmond; 1 awaiting test results.
- 154 new cases in Northwest Georgia on Friday.
- 3,236 new cases in Georgia since Thursday.
- 126 new deaths in Georgia since Thursday.
Free COVID at Coosa Valley Fairgrounds, LakePoint. What to know:
- Rome: 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. Sunday. Register online: Rome
- Emerson: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., LakePointe Sports Complex.
- Catoosa at the Colonnade, Mondays and Wednesdays, 10 a.m. until 7 p.m, 264 Catoosa Circle, Ringgold. Registration link
- The PCR testing is done by nasal swab to determine the presence of the virus that causes COVID-19. Anyone who has COVID-19 type symptoms or has been in close contact recently with a person infected with the virus needs to be tested for COVID-19, even if they are fully vaccinated.
Floyd continues to provide monoclonal antibody (mAb) treatment at our three hospitals to patients who are eligible and have a physician referral. Learn more about this COVID treatment. Click Floyd