Heritage First Headlines:
- COVID has killed 1,003 Northwest Georgians; 5 more recorded Friday. 140 virus patient in Rome hospitals. Health Department updates on booster shots.
- On campus: Daily, weekly reports from area campuses showing mostly declines (through Friday).
- Georgia Health News: Virus’ impact across state school systems, especially bus drivers including one who drove a Pepperell route, drawing new concerns.
- Business: Public Service Supply plans Oct. 18 in Armuchee with uniforms for first responders, scrubs, more. Nearby former Fred’s could become indoor storage.
- Business: Plymouth Industrial REIT to build 236,600-square-foot spec building in Shannon for future development.
- Buzz: Honors for two Model High seniors. What’s planned next week to mark Manufacturing Day 2021.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Perfect fall weekend with sunny skies, highs near 80, lows in the mid 50s.
- Obituaries: Rev. Gregory Scott “Greg” Drake, Mrs. Mary Frances Hardin, Leroy Selman Matthews, John R. Tant.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- Harbin Clinic Headlines: Meet Dr. Bennett Brock, who joins Harbin Clinic General Surgery Rome, and is eager to join the expert group of surgeons and start caring for patients. Dr. Brock shared the ways the technically and mentally challenging elements of surgery fit his personality and life goals. As he was considering what he wanted to do for the rest of his life, he wanted a challenge. And with surgery, he feels challenged daily. He may be doing the same operation repeatedly, but the patient and circumstances are always different. He approaches each operation individually.
- Friday night’s football scores.
- Shorter at home today vs. West Georgia, 1 p.m.; Berry off.
- Power Dash, Glow Walk is tonight; what to know.
- Atlanta Braves split Friday series with Padres; at San Diego through Sunday.
- Atlanta Falcons at NY Giants 1 p.m. Sunday.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.