Heritage First Headlines:
- A record 28 deaths posted in a day in NW Georgia: 22 COVID patients, 6 ‘probable’ cases. 161 virus patients in Floyd, Redmond; up 5. New cases: 214 reported.
- Business: Rabbit’s Nest of Rome closing this Saturday; sixth retailer/restaurant on Broad Street this year. Polk site now listed among Georgia’s ‘Ready for Accelerated Development’ list.
- State Patrol: Driver dies in third fatal accident in four days in Bartow County.
- Campaign Watch: Now posted — the NAACP’s forum with Rome City Commission candidates from Tuesday evening. Next up: More forums with the commission, School Board and Cave Spring hopefuls.
- Buzz: Annual Drug Drop set for Oct. 23 at Redmond Regional. Special called Rome City Commission meeting this evening to discuss bond for citywide paving.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Fall begins this afternoon with a perfectly timed cold front and a third of an inch of rain. High of 74, low of 50. Plus: Our soggy, sizzling summer by the numbers
- Obituaries: Barbara B Cescutti, Terry Alan Hall, Ms. Willie Mae Johnson, Ms. Elizabeth Lovey Patricia Morris, Deborah (Debbie) Withrow Oliver, Mr. William Ruben Sargent, Mrs. Judith Anna Perry Wright.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- Harbin Clinic Headlines: Meet Dr. Bennett Brock, who joins Harbin Clinic General Surgery Rome, and is eager to join the expert group of surgeons and start caring for patients. Dr. Brock shared the ways the technically and mentally challenging elements of surgery fit his personality and life goals. As he was considering what he wanted to do for the rest of his life, he wanted a challenge. And with surgery, he feels challenged daily. He may be doing the same operation repeatedly, but the patient and circumstances are always different. He approaches each operation individually.
- John McClellan’s high school picks: Cedartown over Calhoun in Thursday game; another rough night for Rome; big wins for Darlington, Pepperell, Armuchee. McClellan.
- Atlanta Braves 6-1 over Diamondbacks; rematch tonight and Thursday.
- Atlanta Falcons at NY Giants 1 p.m. Sunday.
- Community sports updates.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.