The Georgia State Patrol is continuing to investigate at midday crash on U.S. 411 west of the U.S. 41 interchange that claimed on life Monday. It was the third fatal accident in Bartow County since Thursday and the second to occur on 411.
According to the report:
- On Sept. 20, at 11:45 a.m., troopers responded to a two-vehicle crash on U.S. 411 near Cowan Drive.
- After investigating the scene, the preliminary findings indicated vehicle #1, a Ford Ranger, was traveling west on 411. Vehicle #2, a Honda Ridgeline, was traveling east on 411.
- The driver of the Ranger lost control and crossed the center median, traveling into the eastbound lanes. The Ridgeline struck the passenger side of vehicle #1
- After impact, both vehicles became engulfed in flames. The driver of vehicle #1 succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced deceased at the scene. Driver #2, James Edward, age 66, was transported to Floyd Medical Center with serious injuries.
- Driver #1 has not yet been identified The crash report is incomplete at this time.
As of 9 a.m. Tuesday, Bartow County Coroner Joel Guyton said a positive identificatoin had yet to be made.