Heritage First Headlines:
- Business: Kohl’s to open Oct. 31 at East Bend in Rome. Three more on the way.
- 8 weekend COVID deaths in NW Georgia: 3 each in Floyd and Bartow; 2 in Gordon. 156 virus patients in Floyd, Redmond on Monday, down 7. New cases since Friday: 406.
- Get a first look at Floyd County Schools’ new remote learning protocols which begin on Tuesday.
- Campaign Watch: First of five forums with Rome City Commission, School Board candidates — and Cave Spring hopefuls — begins tonight.
- Health: Honors for Heyman HospiceCare at Floyd.
- Buzz: Rome Symphony Orchestra announces three new board members. For the third time since 2016, Apple names Darlington an Apple Distinguished School. Rome-Floyd Development Authority meets this morning.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: After almost 4 inches of rain, cooler temperatures moving in. High of 72 Wednesday, low of 52 Thursday morning.
- Obituaries: Mrs. Shirley Jeanelle Hunt Browning, Ms. Jennifer June Ballard Reed Berg, Mrs. Jacqueline Bohannon Cook, Alfredo Escutia Cornejo Jr., Ms. Bobbie Elkins, Richard G. (Rich) Head, Ms. Carla E. Jones, Elizabeth Claire Price Kempson, Mr. James D. Mostellar, Carol Dillard Peek, Tracy Lagina Godfrey Tillery, Joseph H Wall, Ms. Annie Jane Weems.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- Harbin Clinic Headlines: Meet Dr. Bennett Brock, who joins Harbin Clinic General Surgery Rome, and is eager to join the expert group of surgeons and start caring for patients. Dr. Brock shared the ways the technically and mentally challenging elements of surgery fit his personality and life goals. As he was considering what he wanted to do for the rest of his life, he wanted a challenge. And with surgery, he feels challenged daily. He may be doing the same operation repeatedly, but the patient and circumstances are always different. He approaches each operation individually.
- John McClellan’s high school picks: Cedartown over Calhoun in Thursday game; another rough night for Rome; big wins for Darlington, Pepperell, Armuchee. McClellan.
- Thursday, Friday high school contests.
- Atlanta Braves at Diamondbacks through Thursday.
- Atlanta Falcons at NY Giants 1 p.m. Sunday.
- Community sports updates.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.