Heritage First Headlines:
- Northwest Georgia and vaccines: Almost 39% have had 1 dose; 33.5% fully protected. Plus: Berry’s Viking Fusion looks at vaccines and students.
- Newsletter: You’re now part of a $6.45 million, 336-acre gamble on industrial development. Feeling lucky? Pandemic Living: Time for tough love, tougher choices. Peaks & Valleys.
- Georgia State Patrol: Cartersville man, 22, dies in truck collision on U.S. 411; Ohio man, a passenger in an accident on I-75, sustains fatal injuries.
- Buzz: Salvation Army salutes outgoing chair Doug Lansing. Rome, Cartersville students named to statewide advisory council. Floyd School Board meets Monday.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Flash flood watch now through 8 a.m. Monday; high near 80.
- Remembering Berry College student Eden Muina, a Davies Shelters’ helper who’s ‘love of the earth was shown in her participation in protests and rallies to increase awareness of the abuse and depletion of our planet’s natural resources.’
- Obituaries: Ms. Carla E. Jones, Mr. Steve Ray Smith, Mrs. Katie Ann Wiley, Mr. Wallace Larry Youngblood.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- Harbin Clinic Headlines: Meet Dr. Bennett Brock, who joins Harbin Clinic General Surgery Rome, and is eager to join the expert group of surgeons and start caring for patients. Dr. Brock shared the ways the technically and mentally challenging elements of surgery fit his personality and life goals. As he was considering what he wanted to do for the rest of his life, he wanted a challenge. And with surgery, he feels challenged daily. He may be doing the same operation repeatedly, but the patient and circumstances are always different. He approaches each operation individually.
- Shorter Hawks get second win of the season.
- Berry Vikings hit hard by Wisconsin-Whitewater.
- Rome Braves rained out; finale today vs. Hickory.
- Mills Fitzner’s photo gallery from the Rome Braves.
- Atlanta Braves fall to Giants, 2-0.
- Big win for Georgia; Tech also tops Clemson.
- Today: Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay.
- Community sports updates.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.