Heritage First Headlines:
- Business: Shorter Avenue Starbucks opens today. Downtown Cartersville’s Bradley Building on the market for $2.1 million.
- 5 more dead in Floyd County on Friday: 4 COVID, 1 ‘probable.’ 208 new cases; 167 in Rome hospitals.
- COVID on campus: Updates from schools across Northwest Georgia for the week ending Sept. 17. Most show a decline in new cases.
- Education: Area school systems reporting latest SAT scores.
- Health: Flu shots now available across Northwest Georgia as season begins. Says Dr. Gary Voccio: ‘It is critically important to get your flu vaccine and your COVID-19 vaccine, and you can get both at the same time.’
- Campaign Watch: NAACP meeting the candidates night set for Tuesday; League of Women Voters offers candidate forums (by Zoom) for Rome City Commission, School Board and Cave Spring City Council.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: High around 80 all weekend with rain picking up Saturday afternoon through Monday.
- Obituaries: Mrs. Amanda Paige “Mandy” Eaves, Mr. Carl Joe (Joey) Gilmore Jr., Karen Patricia “Kay” Miles, Richard “Ricky” Allen Rhinehart Jr., Mr. David M. Sporman, Mr. James (Jimmy) Patrick Young Jr.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- Harbin Clinic Headlines: Meet Dr. Bennett Brock, who joins Harbin Clinic General Surgery Rome, and is eager to join the expert group of surgeons and start caring for patients. Dr. Brock shared the ways the technically and mentally challenging elements of surgery fit his personality and life goals. As he was considering what he wanted to do for the rest of his life, he wanted a challenge. And with surgery, he feels challenged daily. He may be doing the same operation repeatedly, but the patient and circumstances are always different. He approaches each operation individually.
- High school football scores.
- Rome Braves fall 7-1 to Crawdads.
- Rome Braves vs. Hickory tonight, Sunday (season finale).
- Mills Fitzner’s photo gallery from the Rome Braves.
- Atlanta Braves fall 6-5 in 11 innings.; at Giants through Sunday.
- Berry faces no. 2 team in the nation today.
- Shorter also on the road.
- Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay Sunday.
- Community sports updates: Half-price special on upcoming Dash.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.