Heritage First Headlines:
- Business: $1.95 million for properties in Rome’s Cotton Block. Parent of Mount Berry Mall gives Macon mall to the community.
- 12 more COVID deaths here Thursday following 21 Wednesday and 15 Tuesday. 246 new cases including 94 in Floyd. 176 virus patients in Rome’s hospitals Thursday. Latest update from Dr. Gary Voccio
- COVID on campus: Rome schools show 4 new cases; 9 posted at Floyd. Floyd, Gordon schools out today; Rome, Floyd out Monday.
- 16-year-old injured in Chattooga 4-wheeler accident has died. Earlier: Three teens injured in separate four-wheel accidents.
- A decade after closing, the state sells the Northwest Georgia Regional Hospital site to the Rome-Floyd Development Authority in a deal funded by $2.25 million in extra-penny tax revenue (per Rome News-Tribune).
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Light rain today through Saturday and then heavier Sunday. Highs around 80 degrees.
- Obituaries: Erma Braden, Walter Dale Hamby, Margaret Katherine Brock Morrison, Mr. Millard Pitts, Ken Taylor, Mrs. Geraldine Helen Tillery Wood.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- Harbin Clinic Headlines: Meet Dr. Bennett Brock, who joins Harbin Clinic General Surgery Rome, and is eager to join the expert group of surgeons and start caring for patients. Dr. Brock shared the ways the technically and mentally challenging elements of surgery fit his personality and life goals. As he was considering what he wanted to do for the rest of his life, he wanted a challenge. And with surgery, he feels challenged daily. He may be doing the same operation repeatedly, but the patient and circumstances are always different. He approaches each operation individually.
- Rome Braves vs. Hickory through Sunday (season finale).
- Mills Fitzner’s photo gallery from the Rome Braves.
- Atlanta Braves at Giants through Sunday; Thursday’s game a rainout.
- John McClellan’s high school picks for tonight: McClellan.
- Berry, Shorter both on the road this Saturday.
- Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay Sunday.
- Community sports updates: Half-price special on upcoming Dash.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.