Heritage First Headlines:
- It gets worse: 21 COVID deaths posted in 24 hours in Northwest Georgia: 5 more in Floyd, 5 in Bartow, 6 in Gordon, 4 in Polk, 1 in Chattooga.
- Health: As the surge of COVID cases continues, National Guard members are volunteering to assist AdventHealth Gordon in nonclinical roles.
- COVID on campus: Rome schools show 4 new cases; 6 posted at Floyd; 67 in Polk schools. Also latest schedule updates for students.
- Dining: Hiring under way for 200 jobs at Cartersville’s Texas Roadhouse; mid November opening planned.
- Jobs: 1,000 more jobs last month vs. August 2020 but no change from July of this year. First-time jobless claims continue to drop from pandemic highs.
- Buzz: Recycled litter to help form trail artwork reminding residents not to litter. Floyd Board of Education meets Monday.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Showers could hang around through the weekend. High of 79 today, low 80s through Sunday.
- Obituaries: Ms. Bobbie Elkins, Lois Elizabeth “Bobbeth” Hawkins, Renata Rochelle Howard, Miss Tyera Johnson, Juanita Evelyn Steele Mize, Mrs. Sharon Delane Nolan, Rosemarie Remington, Billy Ray Smith, Mrs. Elaine McKnight Strickland, Mrs. Dorothy Carol Wiggins.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- Harbin Clinic Headlines: Meet Dr. Bennett Brock, who joins Harbin Clinic General Surgery Rome, and is eager to join the expert group of surgeons and start caring for patients. Dr. Brock shared the ways the technically and mentally challenging elements of surgery fit his personality and life goals. As he was considering what he wanted to do for the rest of his life, he wanted a challenge. And with surgery, he feels challenged daily. He may be doing the same operation repeatedly, but the patient and circumstances are always different. He approaches each operation individually.
- Rome Braves vs. Crawdads tonight at 7.
- Mills Fitzner’s photo gallery from the Rome Braves.
- Atlanta Braves host Rockies.
- John McClellan’s high school picks: Rome to rebound; Ws for all the ranked local teams; first win of the season for Pepperell. McClellan.
- Berry, Shorter both on the road this Saturday.
- Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay Sunday.
- Community sports updates: Half-price special on upcoming Dash.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.