The Floyd County Board of Elections will meet on Tuesday, Sept. 14, in the Community Room located in the County Administration Building at 12 E. Fourth Ave. Caucus will begin at 11:30 a.m. with the meeting immediately following.
Board members are scheduled to discuss the upcoming municipal elections as well as early voting. There’s also a closed meeting scheduled to discuss personnel matters; the board continues to search for a new chief elections clerk. Governments are allowed to meet in private to discuss personnel, litigation and real estate issues. The full agenda is below.
The office also is advertising for three positions:
|Floyd County Elections & Registration – Deputy Elections Clerk||View Details|
|Floyd County Elections & Registration – Senior Elections Assistant||View Details|
|Floyd County Elections & Registration – Elections Office Assistant||View Details|
Citizens who wish to attend in person are asked to follow the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. For more information, please contact the Elections & Registration office at 706-291-518.104.22.1681 – BOE Agenda (1)
The 2022 races:
The Brian Kemp campaign sent an email Monday with a list of more than 100 municipal leaders who are backing his bid for a second term. Missing from the list: Northwest Georgia names. Only two are included, Adairsville Mayor Kenneth Carson and Trion Mayor Larry Stansell. List
- Democrats: Lateefah Conner, Wendy Davis, Marcus Flowers, Holly McCormack
- Republican: Mark Daniel Clay.
2021 elections calendar:
- Oct. 4: Last day for new or lapsed voters to register to vote in the general election on Nov. 2.
- Oct. 12: Advance voting begins. From the elections office: Early voting will begin and absentee ballots will be available at the Floyd County Board of Elections and Registration Office on Tuesday, Oct. 12. Office hours are Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. The last day to request an absentee ballot is Friday, Oct. 22. The last day to cast your ballot early is Friday, Oct. 29. The Floyd County Board of Elections and Registration Office is located in the Floyd County Administration Building, 12 E. Fourth Ave., Suite 20, Rome, GA 30161. Mandatory Saturday voting will be held Oct. 16 and Oct. 23. One optional Sunday voting will be held Oct. 24.
- Oct. 23-24: The Saturday is the mandatory weekend day to vote in advance; the 24th is the optional Sunday balloting.
- Nov. 2: Election day, precincts open from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. Rome voters: Because of Garden Lakes Baptist Church not available for this election, voting on election day will be at: Anthony Recreation Center; 2901 Garden Lakes Blvd; Rome, Ga 30165.