Heritage First Headlines:
- Business: Ulta Beauty is planning a mid November soft opening at Riverbend Center in Rome. Plus: New Popeye’s wasting no time on Turner McCall.
- Three teens injured in separate four-wheel accidents, one Sunday near Silver Creek and another outside of Summerville.
- 3 more COVID deaths in NW Georgia since Friday; 2 probable deaths in Floyd. 201 virus patients at Floyd, Redmond on Monday; down 20. New cases since Friday: 803 in our five counties.
- Polk Police: Standoff with 20-year-old man with shotgun ends peacefully; he’s now receiving medical assistance.
- Rome Braves release 2022 season schedule, including April 8 start and home for Independence Day.
- Politics: Elections board meets at midday with a full agenda. Advance voting for municipal elections begins Oct. 12. Also 2022 election updates as GOP candidate enters House 14 race.
- Buzz: Highlands wraps up renovations of Dallas campus. Rome’s Downtown Development Authority board meeting is Thursday.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Mid to upper 80s through Thursday; watching to see if we get another tropical event by Friday.
- Obituaries: Rev. Royce Terrell Lawless, Mrs. Linda Diane Mack, Mrs. Maryland Ransom “Grammy” Sharpe, Mrs. Cassie Elaine Williams.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- Harbin Clinic Headlines: Meet Dr. Bennett Brock, who joins Harbin Clinic General Surgery Rome, and is eager to join the expert group of surgeons and start caring for patients. Dr. Brock shared the ways the technically and mentally challenging elements of surgery fit his personality and life goals. As he was considering what he wanted to do for the rest of his life, he wanted a challenge. And with surgery, he feels challenged daily. He may be doing the same operation repeatedly, but the patient and circumstances are always different. He approaches each operation individually.
- Rome Braves home for final week of the season starting tonight at 7 vs. Hickory.
- Braves also announce 2022 schedule.
- Atlanta Braves, off Monday, host Rockies through Thursday.
- Calhoun-Cedartown game reset for Sept. 23.
- John McClellan’s high school picks: Rome to rebound; Ws for all the ranked local teams; first win of the season for Pepperell. McClellan.
- Berry, Shorter both on the road this Saturday.
- Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay Sunday.
- Berry College adds beach volleyball. Community sports updates.
- Community sports updates: Half-price special on upcoming Dash.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.