Heritage First Headlines:
Second fatal accident in two days claims Cedartown man, 84. No identification yet on victim in first accident.
- Our rant: ‘Sports tourism’ and putting 1,000 young people at risk.
- A closer look at $35 million Savoy auto museum.
- Calling it a season on our waterways — for some, at least.
- Peaks & Valleys: Chattanooga newspaper, from daily to weekly?
COVID on campus: What’s ahead this week on area campuses. Rome schools require masks again this week. No classes Friday for Floyd students are teachers prepare remote learning options. One Bartow school still under ‘yellow’ phase.
Ware Mechanical Weather Center: A little cooler through Wednesday with highs in the upper 80s; slight rain chance.
Obituaries: Mr. Terry Harvel Barnes, First Lady Thirley Lillian Grier, Mr. Christopher Lynn Jarrard, Mr. Freddie Earl Stewart Sr., Doris Joan Sills Terry.
Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- Harbin Clinic Headlines: Meet Dr. Bennett Brock, who joins Harbin Clinic General Surgery Rome, and is eager to join the expert group of surgeons and start caring for patients. Dr. Brock shared the ways the technically and mentally challenging elements of surgery fit his personality and life goals. As he was considering what he wanted to do for the rest of his life, he wanted a challenge. And with surgery, he feels challenged daily. He may be doing the same operation repeatedly, but the patient and circumstances are always different. He approaches each operation individually.
- John McClellan’s high school picks: Rome to rebound; Ws for all the ranked local teams; first win of the season for Pepperell. McClellan.
- Atlanta Falcons hit hard in season opener, lose 32-6 to Eagles. Next up: At Tampa Bay.
- Trevor Lawrence throws 3 TDs, 3 picks in loss to Texans.
- Rome Braves score 6 runs in eighth, ninth, beat Tourists 10-5; home for final week of the season starting Tuesday.
- Atlanta Braves top Marlins, 5-3.
- Community sports updates: Half-price special on upcoming Dash.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.