Heritage First Headlines:
- Business: Fairfield Inn adjoining tennis center gets closer by the day; some hiring under way. Chattanooga paper to end daily print edition in June 2022, switch to digital; Sunday paper will remain.
- Uptick in vaccines: 37.7% of NW Georgia has had at least 1 dose; 32.4% are fully vaccinated. At the same time, 8% of the region’s 44,413 COVID cases have been recorded since Aug. 31; that’s just 10 days for a count that began in March 2020.
- Northwest Georgia remembers Sept. 11 in ceremonies in Rome, Cartersville.
- Buzz: Several trees down on Kingfisher Trail in what could be erosion caused by high water.
- Ahead of the headlines: Rome City Commission meets Monday; School Board on Tuesday. County Commission also meets Tuesday.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: High and dry through Tuesday — no rain in the forecast and highs in the low 90s.
- Obituaries: Mr. Willie E. Armstrong, Mr. Douglas ‘Duck’ Eugene Dodds, Ms. Louise M. Hutchings, Mrs. Sherry Darlene King, Mrs. Kimberly Sloan.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- Harbin Clinic Headlines: Meet Dr. Bennett Brock, who joins Harbin Clinic General Surgery Rome, and is eager to join the expert group of surgeons and start caring for patients. Dr. Brock shared the ways the technically and mentally challenging elements of surgery fit his personality and life goals. As he was considering what he wanted to do for the rest of his life, he wanted a challenge. And with surgery, he feels challenged daily. He may be doing the same operation repeatedly, but the patient and circumstances are always different. He approaches each operation individually.
- Rome Braves hammered by Asheville; Atlanta club comes up two runs short.
- Berry Vikings win 34-21 over LaGrange.
- Shorter falls to Albany State.
- Rome Braves close Asheville series today; home for final week starting Tuesday.
- Atlanta Braves vs. Marlins; off Monday.
- Links to Georgia, Georgia Tech games.
- Today: Falcons open at home vs. Eagles.
- Community sports updates: Half-price special on upcoming Dash.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.