Heritage First Headlines:
- Floyd loses 2 more to COVID; 15 total since Sept. 1. Bartow records another death, probable death. 206 in Rome hospitals with virus Thursday. Events: Changes to ‘One Table;’ Polk cancels Homespun Festival.
- COVID on campus: All Rome City Schools under mask mandate again next week.
- Business: Make that November on opening Raceway in West Rome. Cartersville’s Texas Roadhouse also due in November. Spirit Halloween is lurking for you. Nice to see that Ball cups in use at a Hilton Head favorite. Development authority meets Sept. 21.
- Business: Dec. 8 opening for Savoy Automobile Museum in Cartersville.
- Campaign Watch: Rally set for this morning to get state to reopen Rome Career Center, closed since the first wave of the pandemic.
- Commemorative service set for Saturday in Rome on the 20th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks. Cartersville first responders plan race to be followed by remembrance service.
- Buzz: More honors of Berry’s student journalists. Kemp names area residents to state boards.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Perfect weekend weather forecast starting with lows in the upper 50s, then sunny and upper 80s.
- Obituaries: James Harold Ellis Jr., Mr. Preston Green, Mrs. Jewell Jones Morgan, Mr. Von Ware, Mr. Marcus Hugh Westbrook, Mrs. Judale Williams.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- Harbin Clinic Headlines: Meet Dr. Bennett Brock, who joins Harbin Clinic General Surgery Rome, and is eager to join the expert group of surgeons and start caring for patients. Dr. Brock shared the ways the technically and mentally challenging elements of surgery fit his personality and life goals. As he was considering what he wanted to do for the rest of his life, he wanted a challenge. And with surgery, he feels challenged daily. He may be doing the same operation repeatedly, but the patient and circumstances are always different. He approaches each operation individually.
- Rome Braves stay hot, beat Tourists, 11-9. Atlanta Braves walk off the win in the 10th.
- John McClellan’s high school picks: In prime time TV games this week, 7-point wins for Rome, Cartersville. Rough night for Darlington? McClellan
- GHSA: No changes in high school game COVID policy; at least 13 games canceled this week.
- Rome Braves at Asheville.
- Atlanta Braves host Marlins through Sunday.
- Falcons open at home Sunday vs. Eagles.
- Community sports updates.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.