The Friends of the Library Used Book Sale is Oct. 2-9, at the Rome/Floyd County Library, 205 Riverside Parkway. Hardbacks only. All proceeds from the Book Sale will benefit our Library and the Friends of the Library.
Book Sale hours will be:
- SATURDAY, October 2– 10:00am — 4:30pm
- SUNDAY, October 3 — 1:00pm — 5:00pm
- MONDAY, October 4 — THURSDAY, October 7 — 10:00am — 6:00pm
- FRIDAY, October 8– 10:00am — 4:30pm. $1 per bag day.
- SATURDAY, October 9 __ 10:00am — 4:30pm. $1 per bag day.
- Please note that the Book Sale will be open Friday and Sunday even through the library is closed.
- After the sale, there will be free books for for Non-Profits, Organizations, Schools and Churches on Monday, Oct. 11, from 10 a.m. until 4:30 p.m
- The Friends request and recommend that everyone wear a mask and social distance during the sale. This will help protect our patrons and volunteers.
Childhood actress from ‘Mrs. Doubtfire’ to speak on mental health: Former childhood actress and current mental health advocate Lisa Jakub, who took on roles in movies such as “Mrs. Doubtfire” and “Independence Day,” will speak virtually at Georgia Highlands College (GHC) on ways to cope with anxiety, the value of self-acceptance, and methods for recognizing anxiety in your life.
Titled “Anxiety, Depression & Learning to Embrace Your Weird,” the event, which is free and open to the public, will be held via streaming on Zoom beginning at 2 PM on Tuesday, Sept. 14.
GHC, through the Department of Student Engagement and the Thrive@GHC initiative, has placed an emphasis on promoting a lifestyle of holistic wellness for students. Thrive@GHC gives students 24/7 access to counselors and mental health resources.
Jakub’s presentation is based around her second book, titled “The Anxiety Book: Not Just Me,” which is described as “a hopeful, entertaining, enlightening look at the root causes of anxiety, the latest research on mood disorders, and ideas for how we can all live authentically with more peace, power and purpose.”
Please email studentengagement@highlands.
Reinhardt University announces the Floyd County residents who made the Spring 2021 President’s List. To be on the President’s List, students must take at least 12 credit hours, earning a 4.0 GPA and not have any incompletes:
- Hannah Celeste Fuller
- Calvin Judson Garrett
- Kaylee Glen Jones