Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Self-serve, drive-through, curbside, Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 7 a.m. curbside breakfast; 9 a.m. inside; open until 8:30 p.m. Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
The eyes of the state will be looking at Northwest Georgia this Friday night as both Rome and Cartersville take the spotlight in televised games featuring Top 5 teams. Peachtree TV will be at Barron Stadium as the Rome Wolves play host to the Collins Hill Eagles. Georgia Public Broadcasting will air its first live game of 2021 from Cartersville, where the Purple Hurricanes will be at home against Creekside.
Region 6-3A becomes the first region in Northwest Georgia to start league play as Adairsville travels to Murray County and Rockmart hosts Coahulla Creek as the battle for playoff spots begins. Cedartown and Sonoraville expect to return to action after being unable to play for the last two weeks due to COVID.
The Rome Wolves were the only local team to move up in the Georgia High School Football Daily/Atlanta Journal and Constitution rankings as they jumped from Number 6 to Number 4 in Class 6A. Cartersville stayed at Number 5 and Calhoun at Number 8 in Class 5A, while Cedartown held on to the Number 6 ranking in Class 4A.
Class 7A Number 1 Collins Hill (3-0) at Class 6A Number 4 Rome (2-0)
- Series History: Collins Hill leads 1-0
- Last Meeting: Collins Hill defeated Rome 28-14 on September 25, 2020.
- The Collins Hill Eagles remained atop the Class 7A rankings following a 37-22 win in the Freedom Bowl over Mississippi private school power Greenville Christian. The Rome Wolves gave up only one score in a 27-7 win over Class 7A Cherokee that was not as close as the score indicated. Rome wins by 7.
Class 2A Number 10 Heard County (3-0) at Darlington (1-1)
- Series History: Heard County leads 2-1
- Last Meeting: Heard County defeated Darlington 35-30 on September 25, 2020.
- The Heard County Braves remained unbeaten in Class 2A with a 22-7 home win over Manchester. The Darlington Tigers fell behind early in their game at St. Francis before coming on strong in the second half for the 35-14 win. Heard County wins by 8.
Model (1-2) at Haralson County (2-1)
- Series History: Model leads 7-4
- Last Meeting: Haralson County defeated Model 49-7 on September 25, 2020.
- The Model Blue Devils, who were coming off a win over Class 3A LaFayette. Only scored once in a 28-7 loss to Class A Trion. The Haralson County Rebels, who went into Friday night with a win over Pepperell and a loss to Manchester, survived in a tough 14-10 win over Class A Bowdon. Haralson County wins by 17.
Pickens (1-1) at Coosa (0-2)
- Series History: Pickens leads 3-2
- Last Meeting: Pickens defeated Coosa 10-0 on September 25, 2020.
- The Class 4A Pickens Dragons scored only one time in a 20-7 loss at home to White County. The Coosa Eagles remained winless in 2021 following a 21-7 loss at home to Class A cross-county rival Armuchee. Pickens wins by 29.
Class 5A Number 2 Creekside (2-0) at Class 5A Number 5 Cartersville (2-0)
- Series History: Cartersville leads 1-0
- Last Meeting: Cartersville defeated Creekside 21-18 on September 25, 2020.
- The Creekside Seminoles, who had defeated Grayson 19-14 in their season opener, upset Westlake 27-20 to set up this battle of unbeaten teams. The Cartersville Purple Hurricanes, who were off Friday night after Alexander had to cancel due to COVID, has wins over Morrow 55-0 and West Forsyth 38-31.Cartersville wins by 7.
Adairsville (2-0, 0-0) at Murray County (1-1, 0-0)
- Series History: Adairsville leads 9-3-1
- Last Meeting: Adairsville defeated Murray County 38-7 on September 25, 2020.
- The Adairsville Tigers, who were off Friday night, survived a close encounter a week ago to defeat Cass in overtime 29-28, are one of eight teams in Region 6-3A beginning league play this week. The Murray County Indians, who had opened the year with a win over Southeast Whitfield, fell to 1-1 after losing 34-21 to Gilmer. Adairsville wins by more than 30.
Cass (1-2) at Temple (0-1)
- Series History: Cass leads 1-0
- Last Meeting: Cass defeated Temple 17-14 on September 25, 2020.
- The Cass Colonels, who had lost the week before in overtime to Adairsville, fell to 1-1 after a 37-23 loss to Class 6A Sequoyah. The Temple Tigers, who have been unable to play two straight weeks due to COVID, lost to Bowdon 34-14 in their August 20 season opener. Cass wins by 1.
North Springs (0-3) at Woodland (1-2)
- Series History: Woodland leads 1-0
- Last Meeting: Woodland defeated North Springs 50-9 on September 25, 2020.
- The North Springs Spartans still are winless in the 2021 season following a 34-7 loss to Riverwood. The Woodland Wildcats, who had defeated Gordon Central in their season opener, are 1-2 after a 34-24 loss to Class A Hebron Christian. Woodland wins by 24.
Class 5A Number 8 Calhoun (1-1) at Ridgeland (1-2)
- Series History: Calhoun leads 7-1
- Last Meeting: Calhoun defeated Ridgeland 60-0 on September 25, 2020.
- The Calhoun Yellow Jackets, whose game with Cedartown was canceled Friday night due to COVID, fell to 1-1 a week ago following a 38-20 loss to McCallie. The Ridgeland Panthers were unable to get on the scoreboard for the second straight week in a 44-0 shutout loss at Ringgold. Calhoun wins by more than 30.
New Manchester (1-2) at Class 4A Number 6 Cedartown (1-0)
- Series History: Cedartown leads 1-0
- Last Meeting: Cedartown defeated New Manchester 24-0 on September 25, 2020.
- The New Manchester Jaguars, who had started the year with two straight losses, got into the win column with a 30-6 victory over Hiram. The Cedartown Bulldogs, who won their season opener three weeks ago 7-3 over Class 7A Denmark, have canceled their last two games due to COVID. Cedartown wins by more than 30.
Coahulla Creek (2-0, 0-0) at Rockmart (1-1, 0-0)
- Series History: Rockmart leads 1-0
- Last Meeting: Rockmart defeated Coahulla Creek 42-6 on September 25, 2020.
- The Coahulla Creek Colts, who were off Friday night, are off to their first 2-0 start in school history following wins over Northwest Whitfield 31-25 and Southeast Whitfield 38-7. The Rockmart Yellow Jackets, who are coming off an open week, ran their record to 1-1 a week ago with a 28-21 Saturday night win over Class 5A Villa Rica. Rockmart wins by more than 30.
Chattooga (0-1) at Northwest Whitfield (1-2)
- Series History: Northwest Whitfield leads 3-2
- Last Meeting: Northwest Whitfield defeated Chattooga 38-14 on September 25, 2020.
- The Chattooga Indians, who have been unable to play for two straight weeks due to COVID, lost to Adairsville 35-14 in their August 20 season opener. The Class 4A Northwest Whitfield Bruins battled back and forth all night before coming up short in a 31-30 loss to North Murray. Northwest Whitfield wins by 19.
Howard Tech (TN) (0-3) at Trion (2-0)
- Replaces Trion/Dade County game.
- Series History: First Meeting
- The Howard Tech Hustlin’ Tigers, who opened the season with back-to-back losses of 28-13 to Tyner Academy and 8-0 to Brainerd, forfeited their Friday night game to King’s Academy to fall to 0-3. The Trion Bulldogs, who started the 2020 season 0-2, remained undefeated Friday night following a 28-7 win over Model. This is a replacement game for Trion’s original game with Dade County. Trion wins by 14.
OFF THIS WEEK—Armuchee (2-0 after a 21-7 win over Coosa), Gordon Central (0-3 after a 42-28 loss to Southeast Whitfield), Pepperell (0-3 after a 39-32 loss to Bremen), Sonoraville (2-0 after a 32-0 win over Fannin County), and Unity Christian (2-1 after a 52-0 loss to Horizon Christian).
In other games in regions in Northwest Georgia:
- North Paulding (2-0) over Class 7A Number 8 Roswell (2-0) by 2
- Alexander (1-0) over Lithia Springs (1-1) by 27
- East Paulding (0-2) over Hiram (0-3) by 7
- South Paulding (1-1) over Chapel Hill (0-3) by 21
- Northgate (1-1) over Villa Rica (0-2) by 8
- Class 5A Number 9 Blessed Trinity(1-2) over Charlotte Catholic (NC) (2-0) by 7
- Whitewater (2-1) over Central of Carroll (2-0) by 16
- Christian Heritage (1-2) over Heritage of Catoosa (1-0) by 3
- Fannin County (2-1) over Southeast Whitfield (1-2) by more than 30
- LaFayette (1-1, 0-0) over Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe (0-1, 0-0) by 11
- North Murray (1-0, 0-0) over Ringgold (2-0, 0-0) by 7
- Class A Private Number 9 Fellowship Christian (1-1) over BEST Academy (1-1) by more than 30
- Bowdon (2-1) over Heritage of Newnan (0-1) by more than 30
- Class A Private Number 3 Calvary Day (3-0) over North Cobb Christian (2-1) by 10
- Lakeview Academy (0-2) over Walker (0-3) by 15