- Another Floyd death Friday and another probable death in Gordon.
- Region report: 732 virus deaths, up 1, and 106 “probable” deaths, up 1.
- 483 new cases in Northwest Georgia since Thursday. 165 in Floyd; 97 in Bartow, 82 in Gordon, 89 in Polk and 50 in Chattooga.
- 185 virus patients in Floyd, Redmond on Friday, a record since the pandemic began. Floyd had 114 patients; Redmond, 71 patients; two others were awaiting test results. The old record: 166 on Jan. 6, 2021.
- 135 more hospitalized: 75 COVID patients at Advent Health Gordon on Friday; 60 at Piedmont Cartersville Medical Center with 12 on ventalors.
- 110 more: 57 patients at Piedmont Cartersville on Friday; 53 patients at AdventHealth Gordon on Friday.
- 9,119 new cases in Georgia since Thursday.
- 106 new deaths in Georgia since Thursday.
- Rome: 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. Sunday. Closed Labor Day. Register online: Rome
- Emerson: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., LakePointe Sports Complex.
- Catoosa at the Colonnade, Mondays and Wednesdays, 10 a.m. until 7 p.m, 264 Catoosa Circle, Ringgold. Registration link
The PCR testing is done by nasal swab to determine the presence of the virus that causes COVID-19. Anyone who has COVID-19 type symptoms or has been in close contact recently with a person infected with the virus needs to be tested for COVID-19, even if they are fully vaccinated.
Free COVID-19 vaccinations are available daily for eligible individuals at health departments: Bartow (770) 382-1920 / Chattooga (706) 857-3471 / Floyd (706) 295-6123 / Gordon (706) 624-1444 / Polk (770) 749-2270