Heritage First Headlines:
- Rome’s healthcare leaders don’t hold back in assessing critical state of the COVID surge. Cases are skyrocketing; hospitals are packed; staffing hammered by illness, resignations and some not vaccinating. They again urge all to vaccinate.
- Our deadliest day of the pandemic: 10 COVID deaths, 3 ‘probable’ deaths in NW Georgia. 362 new cases. 184 virus patients in Floyd, Redmond.
- COVID on campus: All Rome City Schools to require masks next week. Masks a must at Armuchee High, Pepperell High next week. Closed today: Rome, Floyd, Chattooga, Gordon, Calhoun.
- Georgia Health News: Your COVID game plan: Are stadiums safe? Questions about attending college, pro games.
- Watch Rome’s Public Safety Committee discuss ‘downtown safety concerns’ during Thursday’s special meeting.
- Education: Highlands, UGA’s Griffin campus establish science track relationship. Darlington’s Pollard selected for business officer boards. Rome Middle names Amanda Malcom athletic director.
- Buzz: Georgia Downtown Association honors Ira, Libby Levy. New websites for Rome Police, Rome-Floyd Fire departments.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Upper 80s to 90 today through Sunday; clear skies today and Saturday.
- Obituaries: Mr. James R. (Happy) Adams, Mr.Cleveland Jerome Baker, Lamar Black, Mr. Herbert Caroll Blumberg, Mr. Kevin Wayne Bolt, Mr. Robert Earl (Bobby) Graves, Mr. Charles William Hilliard, Calvin Reese Jackson, Mr Miles Montgomery, Paul Samuel Paynter, Mrs. Elender Louise Hobgood Pegg.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
- Harbin Clinic Headlines: Meet Dr. Alan Wilson, received his Doctor of Medicine degree at Mercer University School of Medicine in Macon, GA. He completed his residency in the Department of Surgery at the Medical Center of Central Georgia in Macon, GA., and he is board-certified by the American Board of Surgery.
- Rome Braves sail in 5-0 win over Winston-Salem.
- Atlanta Braves top Rockies, 6-5.
- Rome Braves rematch at home tonight.
- Atlanta Braves at Rockies through Sunday
- John McClellan’s high school picks for Friday. McClellan
- High school football’s week three; scores later this evening; attendance policies.
- Berry, Shorter open season at home Saturday.
- Latest updates from the Atlanta Falcons
- Community Sports updates.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.