Heritage First Headlines
- Oak Hill Residences, Berry’s new student housing center in the transformed Sunrise Inn & Suites greets first students as classes begin Monday.
- COVID on campus: 418 cases at area schools as of Friday. 6 Floyd Schools at 2% or more student COVID rate, under mask mandates Monday. 143 students with virus at Floyd; 49 students, staff at Rome.
- Another Gordon resident dies; Bartow posts ‘probable’ death. 1,040 new cases in NW Georgia in a week. 122 virus patients in Floyd, Redmond on Friday, 57 in Piedmont Cartersville. 1,721 got first vaccine doses since midday Thursday.
- Rome elections: 7 seeking 3 seats on City Commission; 9 in the hunt for 7 School Board posts. Plus: First candidate statements; COVID statements.
- Buzz: Chieftains shifts annual barbecue to to-go again this year. Road work in Shannon next week.
- ‘Planapalooza’ continues Saturday, into next week after Friday night premiere.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Another week in the 90s starts Sunday; ‘just’ 85 today.
- Obituaries: Mrs. Ruth Mae Hardin, Charles Kerry Noles, Ms. Juanita Green Wade.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
Harbin Clinic Headlines: Meet Dr. Ademola Adeseye, who joins Harbin Clinic Cardiothoracic Surgery and will begin seeing patients August 16. Dr. Adeseye is one of 10 doctors joining Georgia’s largest privately owned, physician-led healthcare community.
- Friday night’s high school football scores.
- Rome Braves vs. Greenville. Rematch Saturday, Sunday afternoon.
- Atlanta Braves at Orioles through Sunday. Also, roster updates.
- Atlanta Falcons at Miami Dolphins Saturday night; roster updates.
- Tillman 5K set for this morning; results later today.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.