Heritage First Headlines
- 5 more local COVID deaths: 2 in Floyd, 2 in Gordon, 1 in Bartow. 391 new cases posted in 24 hours. 106 virus patients in Floyd, Redmond; up 8. Redmond Regional: 42 of 49 COVID patients are unvaccinated; 15 of the 42 in ICU; 3 on vents.
- COVID on campus: Masks a must at East Central starting today; third Rome school to do so. Floyd School Board to talk COVID Friday morning. 103 cases at Polk Schools today; six schools above 1% positivity rate.
- Ms. Martha, who made dining at Ballenger’s even more of treasured experience, passes away.
- Dining: Buc-ee’s opening still a go for 6 a.m. Monday. Even more sushi/hibachi heading to Calhoun.
- Jobs: 32.5% drop in jobless claims in Northwest Georgia last month; 1,200 more jobs than in July 2020.
- Qualifying: 1 incumbent, 1 challenger qualify for Rome City Commission seats on Wednesday. Plus: First candidate ‘declaration’ statement and vaccination response.
- Buzz: State honors of Ira, Libby Levy. Bridge work today on I-75 in Gordon County. Georgia Pollinator Census this weekend. Nominations sought for Georgia automotive honors.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Upper 80s through Saturday and 92 by Sunday. Some rain today with heavier showers Friday, Saturday.
- Obituaries: Ms. Felicia Daniel, Mary Carol Fambro, Mrs. Aretha “Rita” Harris.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
Harbin Clinic Headlines: Meet Dr. Ademola Adeseye, who joins Harbin Clinic Cardiothoracic Surgery and will begin seeing patients August 16. Dr. Adeseye is one of the 10 doctors joining Georgia’s largest privately owned, physician-led healthcare community.
- Rome Braves drop two to visiting Greenville; rematch tonight.
- Atlanta Braves win 11-9 as Freeman makes history.
- Atlanta’s spring training schedule posted.
- Atlanta Falcons at Miami Saturday night.
- John McClellan’s high school predictions. McClellan
- Tillman 5K this Saturday; what to know.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.