Special registration day this Saturday: Registration for fall sports is quickly coming to an end. Rome-Floyd Parks and Recreation is holding a special Saturday registration day at our headquarters at 1 Shorter Ave. from noon to 4 p.m. This will be the only Saturday the offices will be open for registration for the fall season. Staff will be on hand to help parents register children for all of our fall sports, including football, cheerleading, softball, baseball, t-ball and volleyball. To learn more about our fall sports or to register online, please visit our website rfpra.com.
Rome Little Theatre open house. Set for 5-7 p.m. for an evening of exploration and fun at the Rome Little Theatre Open House at the DeSoto Theatre in downtown Rome. All ages are welcome and all activities are free.
- 5 p.m. Join us in the auditorium as we celebrate past seasons and kick-off our new season: Rome Little Theatre 2021-2022 Together Again. The cast of our season opener, The Marvelous Wonderettes, will join us for a sneak peek performance!
- 6-7 p.m. Explore the theatre with behind-the-scenes tours; information about RLT’s 2021-22 season and volunteer opportunities; displays of theatre history and memorabilia, and more! And while you’re here, enjoy a free bag of RLT’s famous popcorn.
- Per CDC guidelines, masks are strongly encouraged for our patrons who have not received the COVID-19 vaccination.
Atlanta Braves pitcher Huascar Ynoa will rehab with the Rome Braves this Sunday at 2 p.m. vs. Asheville Tourists. Ynoa, the native of the Dominican Republic, is in his seventh season in the Braves organization, and has spent parts of the past three seasons with the Atlanta Braves. Throughout his MLB career, Ynoa has earned a 4.54 ERA with a 4-2 record in 20 appearances. In the 2018 season, Ynoa made 18 starts with the Rome Braves with a 3.63 ERA with 100 strikeouts in 91.2 innings pitched. Tickets: Rome Braves.
- Saturday: Farmers market at Ridge Ferry Park, 7-11 a.m. Local produce, incredible baked goods, flowers, honey, crafts.
- Saturday: Cartersville Farmers Market, 10 N. Public Square, 8 a.m.-noon