Heritage First Headlines
- COVID: Little change in local vaccination rates even as cases, hospitalizations climb. Region at 28.8%; state now at 40%. More women stepping up than men.
- Business: Bob Blumberg, downtown restaurant owner and Broad Street advocate, leaving Rome. Chamber, existing industries set manufacturing job fair set for Aug. 18 at GNTC.
- More changes proposed for Floyd County elections operation, including overdue salary increases and staffing update.
- Buzz: Regional honors for Sara Grace Abernathy. Ribbon cutting for Chattooga ag center this week. Rome/Floyd burn building ceremony is Aug. 2.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: A good afternoon to stay indoors; index of 104 forecast peaking between 4 and 5 p.m.
- Obituaries: Mrs. Alva Jean Broome, Mr. Robert Lawrence “Larry” Best Jr.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
Harbin Clinic Headlines: Today’s latest update on the 10 doctors joining Georgia’s largest privately owned, physician-led healthcare community.
- Rome Braves drop series finale, 8-6; home Tuesday vs. Asheville.
- Rome Braves off today; home starting Tuesday vs. Asheville.
- Atlanta Braves split series with Phillies; lose Sunday. Today: at Mets for double-header. Home starting Friday vs. Brewers.
- Berry football news.
- Falcons’ latest updates.
- Fall sports registrations are under way.
- Tillman run is Aug. 21; how to sign up.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.