Heritage First Headlines
- “Give A Kid a Chance” event serves 300 families with free smoke detectors, free car seat exams and replacements, backpacks, and a hot lunch. Story and photos.
- Summerville, “Friendship Capital of the World,” to celebrate friendship week today through Saturday. Festival has connection with Rome, Cartersville and Calhoun Rotary as well as the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta. Story and photos.
- Another look at ‘the red moon,’ from above Weiss Lake. A gallery from Mills Fitzner.
- Ahead of the headlines: Rome City Commission to hear comments, decide on ‘test’ of downtown open container. County school board to hold hearings on millage rates. County Commission hearings Tuesday morning, afternoon.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Hot and humid with a low of 72 and a high of 92. Heat index near 100. Up to 30% chance of showers and thunderstorms.
- Obituaries: Mr. Harold Atwater. Mr. Gary Steber.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
Harbin Clinic Headlines: Today’s latest update on the 10 doctors joining Georgia’s largest privately owned, physician-led healthcare community.
- Rome Braves snap losing streak to beat Bowling Green 6-5.
- Atlanta Braves crush Phillies 15-3.
- Olympics: Big night for Chattooga’s Brody Malone.
- Inaugural Red Top Road Race, Lakepoint. Link to results.
- Latest Falcons’ pretraining camp updates.
- Fall sports registrations are underway.
- Tillman run on the way.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.