Floyd to employees: Vaccinations required. Floyd sent an email to employees this week, “letting them know that we will require them to be vaccinated against COVID 19,” spokesman Dan Bevels confirms. No deadline has been set, however.
The email came several weeks after Georgia Health News in partnership with WebMD began publishing a series of stories about vaccination rates among healthcare workers at hospitals and other medical campuses. In that report, Georgia’s percentage of vaccinated healthcare workers was estimated at 60% with a national average of 52% (read more here).
Hometown Headlines, at that time, asked local healthcare providers for a summary of their numbers and got few responses for publication. What we got:
- Floyd Healthcare, 47.6% including 2,024 employees, physicians and some volunteers.
- AdventHealth/Gordon: 44.7%
Georgia Health News reported HCA, the parent company of both Redmond Regional Medical Center and Cartersville Medical Center, said the employee vaccination rate in its Georgia hospitals is “far higher’’ than that of Georgia as a whole. HCA is selling Redmond to Advent Health and CMC to Piedmont Healthcare.
Earlier this month, Piedmont announced it is requiring physicians, company leadership and new employees to be vaccinated by Sept. 1. That includes Cartersville Medical.
Rome First United Methodist Church updates mask policy as cases rise. This note went out to the congregation on Friday (this part from Facebook):
“Friends, the number of cases is rising yet again due to the Delta variant. As of Sunday we will be requiring all staff and volunteers to resume wearing masks and would like to strongly advise and recommend everyone else attending to wear a mask as well. We want to protect especially our children who are not yet able or old enough to be vaccinated as they prepare to return to school. Our goal is to still seek to do no harm, and until the number of cases declines again, the updated mask rules will remain.”
- Northwest Georgia totals: 681 deaths; another 96 probable deaths.
- 17 virus patients at Floyd, Redmond; down 2.
- 34 new COVID cases in NW Georgia since Thursday.
- State: 1,568 cases since Thursday.
- 8 deaths in Georgia since Wednesday.
- Floyd Medical Center: 12 patients (up 1).
- Redmond Regionial: 5 patients (down 3). Another awaiting test results.
Vaccination updates: Little change in percentage of area residents who are fully vaccinated vs. previous week. Overall numbers rises 888 in the region in the holiday week — more than the previous week’s increase (825).
- Appointments for free COVID-19 vaccinations are available daily for eligible individuals at health departments: Bartow (770) 382-1920 / Chattooga (706) 857-3471 / Floyd (706) 295-6123 / Gordon (706) 624-1444 / Polk (770) 749-2270